dimanche 21 décembre 2008

Nicolas


My Neighborhood
I live in Brunoy, a small town near Paris. I live five minutes from my high school, in a big house, maybe too big, because it is always being renovated. I live in a quiet residential area.
In front of my house, there is a building that is very ugly and hides the landscape that I could see from my the window of my bedroom if it weren't there. In this building lives a cabinet maker's family and a lot of lodgers, among them a young man who likes old cars. In front of my home lives my best friend that I have known for 12 years. My old primary school, a bakery, a drugstore, and a pizzeria are also in my neighborhood.

If I Were the President
If I were the president of the world, I would begin by changing international relations: I would restore peace and freedom. To do this, I would forbid the use of oil and reserve it for science, and favour the use of ecological fuel because this is the first source of conflict.
I would force all nations to make an effort to reduce CO2 emissions.
Finally, I would condemn downloading music and music producers because they swindle people.


Christmas at My House

Generally, I celebrate Christmas at home with my family: my parents, my sisters, my grandmother, my aunt and uncle. We usually eat at my house. My house is decorated with a big Christmas tree and a manger. My mother puts up Christmas lights and Christmas balls.
This year, I'm getting a lot of little presents like CD's, books, etc... But last year, I received only a guitar because it was very expensive.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Nicolas, I like your idea of reserving oil for the use of science because I think if we do reserve the use of oil for science, we might be able to use that oil to make greater creations for technology for future use to make our lives better. We can probably use that oil to create automobiles that run without gasoline and don't pollute the atmosphere or create space ships/aircraft's that let us explore space for a longer time carrying the necessary supplies to survive out there in space like the space crafts in the movies titled "Star Wars". Another way of using oil for science maybe is to create robots that can help us live our lives better like those shown in a movie titled "iRobot" or create robots that can transform into any vehicle (land, air, or water vehicle) imaginable like those shown in a movie titled "Transformers". If you were to be president in the future, what would you focus on first? Would you focus first on the children's education, the war taking place, immigration, the economic crisis the country might be facing, families' eligibility for getting Medical,etc.? I would also do the same if I were president because it would be easy to govern a country when there is no disputes between other countries.
Nicolas, I like the idea of your Christmas celebration, celebrating Christmas with the ones you love, your family. Do you celebrate Christmas with friends as well or only with family? I also celebrate Christmas with my family, on Christmas eve, we sit down and watch the movie of Jesus Christ of his life, from his childhood years till the day he was crucified. I don't get lots of presents for Christmas only like one or two but it's okay because I don't think Christmas is about how many presents I get, I think it's just about being with family.