lundi 15 décembre 2008

Christmas in France

Christmas is a moment of peace. Everyone should try and forget their disagreements with family and friends and also all the people they don't like. Just try and hope to become more generous

My Ideal Christmas
by Marie


For Christmas, I would like to go to Midnight Mass. Before I would like a light dinner. The country would be covered by the snow and there wouldn't be any noise. After the Midnight Mass, I would have a fine dinner next to a fire place. On the table, there would be candles, silverware, and Champagne. This is my Dream Christmas. But this year Christmas will be noisy with a lot of presents in an apartment and I will be staying a long time at the table.

CHRISTMAS
by Solange
My Traditional Christmas

A few days before Christmas, we decorate the Christmas tree with colored Christmas lights, candles, and golden stars. On Christmas Eve, the table is set near the fireplace. Our children and grandchildren come for dinner. At midnight, everyone exchanges little presents and chocolates. Children wait for Christmas morning to find many toys in their stockings.
My Memorable Christmas
Most memorable Christmas' days are those when our children were young. We celebrated Christmas with my sister and her family. The cousins were very happy to be together. Now, the family is too big and it's very difficult to be all together.

My Ideal Christmas

My ideal Christmas is a day when the weather is cold and snowing, when the fire crackles in the fireplace, and when people that we love are together with us.

3 commentaires:

Ms. Pederson a dit…

Marie, your dinner after Midnight Mass by the fireplace sounds beautiful.

Solange, I agree with you. The best Christmases are the ones when the children were young. My son is all grown up, and my family is spread about, so it's hard to get together on Christmas Day, but last Saturday we had a family holiday party that was a lot of fun.

Larissa Ilina a dit…

This is how the students in Russia describe their ideal Christmas. We celebrate it on January 7.

By Alex Kolmakov:
The ideal Christmas is a day when all the family is at home, when there are many presents, when the weather is frosty, when there are stars in the sky and the brightest star tells about the Christ’s birth.

By Ann Rusanova:
It is when my mother and father are at home, when Father Frost comes with presents, when the weather is frosty and snowy.

By Olga Grune:
The ideal Christmas is a day when
the weather is frosty and snowdrifts grow, when you can skate and ski and play in the snow, when there is a smell of sweets and you get presents, when you spend time with the people you love.

By Tanya Volchok:
It is a day when my family is at home, when we decorate the Christmas tree, when we can watch the snow falling down.

By Dasha Titova:
It is the day when Father Frost brings presents and everybody is happy.

By Nastya Kolotilo:
The ideal Christmas is a day when everything is covered with snow. The night is silent and Father Frost comes home when everybody sleeps.

Anonyme a dit…

Marie, your dinner after Midnight Mass by the fireplace sounds like a very warm, comfortable, happy, and soothing dinner with the country being completely quite with no sound to be heard. Would your Christmas dinner be with your family and relatives or with your friends? I would also like to have a Christmas like yours Marie, it would be nice to have dinner next to a warm gentle burning crackling fireplace, while sharing a meal with the people I love, my family.


Solange, I agree with you, I also think that the most memorable Christmas days were when we used to be children. Solange, do you get together with your family to have a Christmas together or is it hard?I remember waking up every Christmas morning excited, thinking if Santa Clause had left me what I wanted as I stood there eagerly opening every Christmas present, but now it's different. Now, I just wake up on Christmas morning and I take the day just like any other day, if there's presents to open then I open them and if not, it doen't matter because for me, Christmas isn't about the presents, for me Christmas is all about being with family, showing how much we love each other. So on Christmas day, me and my family try to get together to enjoy a meal together.